Tuesday, May 10, 2005

A new home

I was previously living over at Typepad but just didin't feel like it was the place for me. Is that even possible in a virtual "location"? Regardless, I never really felt at home; like I hadn't fully moved in. It might have been because I had to pay for it, which goes against my...shall we say thrifty...nature.

Tonight, if I can get World of Warcraft addicted husband off computer for more than 2 minutes, I'll upload pics of the Soleil sweater I just finished and the Orangina I am currently working on.

I'm already feeling better here on my FREE (yay!) weblog. Gotta run for now, hubby is meeting me downstairs...

Hi I was successful in getting him off! Here is the pic of the Soleil sweater. It came out pretty well except for the single crochet edge, which came out ok for the most part but not perfect.


You can see my photographer in the mirror. Thanks honey! Posted by Hello

Here's where I am so far on Orangina, or in my case, boringina (thanks to the khaki yarn). To be honest I acutally think this is the perfect color for this frilly girly lace top.


Boringina in Rowan 4ply cotton Posted by Hello

On a different note, I just recently got the Loop-d-loop book. There is some very nice stuff in it. One thing I might try is this:


How gorgeous Posted by Hello

Is that not the most stunning thing you've ever seen? Ok that may be over doing it but it's damn cute.

When I make it I'll be sure to keep track of it in my nifty new knitting diary

Hi I'm Ms. Apple's knitting diary Posted by Hello

How cute is it!!? I love it. The page shown follows my trials and tribulations with Soleil. As you can see it was pretty easy. Cool thing was I got to use some of the unmarked yarn from Spain AND it was a huge ass ball and knit in the round. That means - like NO ends to weave in!!

Well it's pretty late because I was up late watching Agatha Christie's Miss Marple A Murder is Announced. Now before you label me a total dork spinster let me defend myself. First of all the opening credit part has cute animated knitting needles and yarn while the actors names are shown. Second, Miss Marple knits while she solves the crime (see it is a knitting thing - I'm not really THAT lame). Thirdy, this one has the MOST amazing vintage style knits. I drooled over them. You should really try to see it if you can. Stunning knits and just awesome period styled costumes. Ok PBS dork rant over.

Ahh I know I am feeling more at home now that I'm able to let true dorkness come out. Ok I have to go to bed. It took me a half hour to figure out how to get pictures into this post and I have a feeling I'm doing it the hard way.

3 Comments:

Blogger Big Apple Knitting said...

kajin! Thanks for commenting. Long time no post from you. I want to see what you've been working on! :)

May 11, 2005 9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super le nouveau blog.

May 12, 2005 5:17 AM  
Blogger Big Apple Knitting said...

Merci Maribel!

May 12, 2005 8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home