Wednesday, May 11, 2005

NBaT Knit Along

I just joined Nona's NBaT (that's Nothin' but a t-shirt, for those not in the know) along. Why? well because it's a damn cool pattern and because if Nona can do it then so can I!

Now the real issue, what design am I going work on the front and what yarn can work as a substitute for Calmer. I can't use Calmer because I don't have any and I can't get any. This would be due to the fact that....

My name is Alana and I'm a yarnaholic, it's been two days since my last stash enhancement.

I'm trying to stay clean for my husband (who needs dental work) and my dog (who needs his pupperoni).

So anyone have any suggestions for substitutions.? Anyone? Bueller?

I'm going to check out the other cool bloggers doing the cool NBaT knit along and see what they used. They probably used calmer cause they have HUGE homes with LOTS of storage *biatches* JUST KIDDING - It's the withdrawal, the mood swings are killer.

I'm thinking something Spain related, in honor of my Momma (she's Spanish) and my upcoming trip (to Spain). Real Madrid Tshirt (that's their star soccer team)? Spanish Flag TShirt? I Heart Spain? Spain is for Lovers? Kiss me I'm Spanish?

I dunno Yellow and Red are not my favorite colors.... Maybe I can work a Picasso TShirt or a Gaudi one!! My head kinda hurts just thinking about those.

Decisions, decisions

Speaking of my trip I am going to Barcelona, home of Katia, on Friday. So in between the Picasso Museum and the Gaudi walking tour I'll be looking for:

Av. Catalunya s/n - Aptdo. 138 08296 Castellbell i el Vilar (Barcelona) - España

I've also established that that there is a Rowan store there too.

Barcelona - OyambrePaul Claris 145. Tel: (34) 93 4872672

Do you think it will be cheaper in Europe? Or will the Euro squash any savings? I plan to find out. Needless to say my husband has not been clued in yet on our little side adventures. He is on a need to know basis. I think he suspects something is up though.

I am bringing my favorite line of guide books Rick Steve's and inside the Spain one it actually gives a Vegetarian/Vegan Restaurant in Barcelona WHOOOT!!

I am staying at my cousin's house there and...well.. let's just say he works in Fashion and is super Eurotrash (but in a good way!!!). I don't think I'm going to be comfortable touching anything nevermind making a big mess cooking. Once we meet up with my Mom in Logrono then I'll be fine and can cook for myself.

I can't wait. This will probably be the last post before I go. I'll try to post from my aunt's house but it will me pictureless SNIFF. Don't worry the blog favorite "I went somewhere cool and you didn't" slideshow will be up before you know it :)

But before I go I must show you what arrived in the mail! Annie Modesitt's book Knitting Millinery. It has patterns and instructions for five hats.


Yes that is my lap Posted by Hello

I'm going to start with this one


Make me!! Posted by Hello

And here is the Endless Summer Collection Lara that I bought. I SWEAR I will use it all. Anyone know what this yarn is a good sub for? I know Sweetgeorgia is using it for her Lucky, what have other people used it for?


I'll be in the filing cabinet at work until there is space for me in my new home. Posted by Hello


Ok that's all for now. Wish me luck I'll be flying across the world on FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Un petit voyage en Espagne ? Quelle chance. J'espère que tu le passeras bien. Tu sais que Barcelone n'est qu'à 3 heures par l'autoroute de chez moi ? Si tu revient en Europe à l'occasion tu pourrais un jour venir jusqu'ici.
Pour le prix des pelotes en Europe, je n'ai aucune idée si c'est plus cher ou pas.
Au fait tu parles l'espagnol ?

May 13, 2005 3:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, I love the yarnaholic statement! so true! I just bought some Lara to make the Orangina top, from Glampyre. It looks like nice yarn!

Have a great trip!

May 13, 2005 9:21 AM  
Blogger Big Apple Knitting said...

Maribel. Oh il est trop mauvais que je n'ai pas dit quelque chose avant. Je serais allé certainment. J'aime bien la France et nous y allons souvent. Oui je parle l'espagnol, ma mère est de l'Espagne et j'ai passé mes étés là

Diana - You'll have to let me know (and I'll be reading to find out!) how the Lara is to work with :)

May 13, 2005 9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Comi dices que pena no haberlo sabido antes. Ubieramos podido hacer algo. En cualquier caso ya lo sabe si vuelve por aqui, no te olvides de decirmelo, enviame un mensaje y como hablamos las dos Español, ya nos entenderemos.

May 16, 2005 7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic blog you've got here Big Apple Knitting, I was looking for how to knit related information and found your site. I have a how to knit site. You can find everything about knitting stitches, needles, machines, magazines and more. Stop by and check it out when you can. Enjoy!

November 16, 2005 1:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog Big Apple Knitting. Your posts were interesting reading. I was looking for free knitting patterns related information and found your site. I have a free knitting patterns site. You can find everything about knitting stitches, needles, machines, magazines and more. Please try and visit it, see what you think
and enjoy!

November 22, 2005 2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic blog you've got here Big Apple Knitting, I was looking for how to knit related information and found your site. I have a how to knit site. You can find everything about knitting stitches, needles, machines, magazines and more. Stop by and check it out when you can. Enjoy!

November 24, 2005 7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog Big Apple Knitting. Your posts were interesting reading. I was looking for knitting instructions related information and found your site. I have a knitting instructions site. You can find everything about knitting stitches, needles, machines, magazines and more. Please try and visit it, see what you think
and enjoy!

November 26, 2005 6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading some of your posts Big Apple Knitting. I was looking for yarn related information and found your blog. I have a yarn site. You can find everything about knitting stitches, needles, machines, magazines and more. Come and check it out if you get time :-)

December 09, 2005 4:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good info

January 17, 2006 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home