Monday, May 23, 2005

Back to work

Well I am back in gloomy NYC. I do feel very fotunate to "have to go back" to this city.

We had a fabulous time in Barcelona, after the Friday the 13th bad luck wore off. The first day we were pretty jet lagged but I'm the kind of tourist that makes the most of my time. We dropped our luggage off and were out. We went to the Plaça Cataluna and walked las Ramblas which is where we found this incredible market.


So colorful Posted by Hello


How cool are those eggs Posted by Hello


Wow Posted by Hello

After that we were pretty weary already and so I thought it would be a good idea to get on one of the double decker buses. I always go on those when I visit a city. They are a good way to get your bearings, they usually last like 2-3 hours so if you are exhausted its a nice thing to do to "tour" while sitting down. If it is nice out, like it was, you can get some nice sun and finally the pass is good for the whole day so it is a fun thing to ride at night for the night drive view.

My husband really enjoyed it


ZZZZZ Posted by Hello


ZZZZZZ Posted by Hello

We also visited the Gaudi house, the Picasso Museum and of course Sagra Familia, the famous Gaudi church, which is still being built. It was amazing


It will look like a forest of tress when it is done Posted by Hello


Amazing Posted by Hello

My husband really enjoyed the film on it


ZZZZZ Posted by Hello

We finally had to say good bye to Barcelona and went to meet my mom in Northern Central Spain, Logroño. The weather was beautiful there and we had a great time as well. My uncle saw my knitting and said that there was some more yarn left over at his office warehouse (they make toilet paper? no idea why there would be yarn..) I, of course, said BRING IT ON.

Well, when my uncle said a little yarn what he really meant was about 10 KILOS of yarn. *Insert Hallelujah song.*


Drool Posted by Hello

If that wasn't good enough, my cousin's great danes had puppies and we went to play with them.


They are cute now but will be about 180lbs when full grown Posted by Hello

On our last day my husband managed to get his arm stuck in the bench fetching my ball of yarn. For two panicked minutes (his, I was laughing and saying "come on hon, it's a LITTLE funny) he pulled and twisted until his arm finally came out.

It was a great time. Glad to be back

3 Comments:

Blogger Juno said...

Wonderful photos!

Thanks for sharing :)

May 23, 2005 8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Que sympaticos esos cachorros. Y como descansa el marido. El viaje en España fue muy dificil para el ? Que pena no disfrutar del paseo.

May 26, 2005 9:31 AM  
Blogger Big Apple Knitting said...

si el pobre no podría mantener sus ojos abiertos. Sino el ha pasado bastante bien.

May 26, 2005 2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home