Tuesday, June 07, 2005

FO and NBaT Progress

I finally finished my orangina top and I really like it. This is me in the morning yesterday. I wore it to work and got a bunch of compliments on it. The thing that was so strange though was that the pattern called for 6 balls of 4ply cotton but I only used 3?? What's up with that?


The black tank underneath was not as noticeable in person Posted by Hello


Since I finished my sweater up I was finally able to start on my nothin' but a Tshirt. I am using Rowan All Season's Cotton and I have to say I really don't like this yarn and doubt I will use it again. It is kind of rough and splity. I am also having a lot of trouble getting even stitches. I just hope it will block out well.


The back Posted by Hello

And I decided not to do a ringer t but I think I will be doing some border embroidery. Something out of this book


Decisions Decisions Posted by Hello

Besides that I've also started a new pair of socks. I think it would look better in plain yarn but I am committed to using up some of my stash before buying more yarn.


My soon to be subway knitting Posted by Hello

Hopefully I'll have more progress to show later this week.

6 Comments:

Blogger Laura.Y said...

Your orangina looks great on you..:)

June 07, 2005 11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your orangina looks terrific! That color is great because it will go with so many things. I used way less yarn than specified too - argh!

June 08, 2005 9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that top, it looks really great on you! That's it, I'm ordering the pattern now.

June 10, 2005 2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the top! I just found this pattern yesterday from a group I just joined and think after seeing yours I may be making this one soon. How do you like spinning so far? Have you done anything else? That is something else I have been wanting to try. Hmm...so many fun things to do and not enough time to do them all.

June 13, 2005 4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the idea of using border embroidery for your NBaT - I cannot wait to see it!

June 13, 2005 11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that sock yarn, by any chance, Lornas Laces? It looks suspiciously like the same colorway I'm using for the pair I'm working on, too.

Orangina looks great as well, even though the title doesn't exactly fit anymore :)

June 17, 2005 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home