Sunday, November 27, 2005

Hopefully everyone had a very happy Thanksgiving. I had a very yummy and VEGAN one. On Friday my husband and I got up at the crack of dawn to go to IKEA but our living room is finally looking good. The sewing room is also fully functional and I took full advantage of it. I finished seaming up my sweater and I sewed up a new bag for myself.

The sweater is out of Elann's Lara cotton. The pattern is Genoa out of Jaeger's JB16. I'm pretty happy with how it came out. After this photo was taken I washed it by hand and it is currently drying. I hope that the wash will soften up the cotton a bit.



The bag didn't really have a pattern although I used a bag pattern out of one of my Burda magazines as an initial guide. The fabric is a Damask that someone had purchased on vacation and given to me as a gift back in college. I have always loved the fabric but was never sure what to do with it. Some of it was used to make a knitting needle case and the other is now this:

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Lovely projects--such a nice sweater and bag! Glad you had a great thanksgiving. While what went into my mouth ws vegan, there was a turkey at the first thanksgiving I went to (I went to two). There was a lot for me to eat, though. Thanksgiving #2 had no meat and that was really nice.

December 04, 2005 4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Alana,

How are you? You haven't posted in a long time!

February 05, 2006 5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tu reviens quand ?

February 17, 2006 9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that Jaeger are discontinuing their yarn, I had a yen to make Genoa but it seems JB16 isn't available anywhere. Could you possibly send a copy of pattern? attarj at gmail dot com.

September 19, 2007 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home